Thanks for checking out my mini sessions!
This page will provide you with all the info on whether mini sessions are right for you, when I offer them, where I offer them, and how to get in touch for one! I love doing mini sessions with families, especially since I know from firsthand experience that it's challenging to get kids to behave for an hour long session. Wrangling my 2.5 year old and 1 year old for any photos feels like an amazing feat - lol!
What exactly is a mini session?
Glad you asked. As the name implies, it is a portrait session, just, well, mini 🙂 There are, of course, other key differences between a mini and one of my signature sessions, please read on below.
SESSION LENGTH: Each mini session lasts up to 15 minutes and is photographed all at one spot/background during a specific time of the year.
TIME & LOCATION: The location is preselected by me, and is typically held in the northwest metro Atlanta area, in cities like Kennesaw, Acworth, Marietta, and Woodstock. I've photographed families and individuals in the Atlanta area and Kennesaw for years now, so I know all the beautiful spots with the best light to get you some gorgeous updated family photos. As far as times, you get to select your preferred time slot on the date that I have available.
PLANNING OUTFITS: I'll send you some resources on wardrobe selection, along with my guide to picking the perfect set of outfits.
NUMBER OF IMAGES: Mini sessions packages include 5 digital image downloads, and typically a gallery of 20-30 images for you to proof your gallery. It's a shorter session, so there aren't as many final images as there would be in a full family session.
ORDERING & PRODUCTS: Image viewing and ordering will be done online through a personalized, password protected web gallery where you will have the option to select one of the digital packages or any printed add-ons.
SESSION FEE: Session fees depend on the venue where we're shooting! The fee is paid prior to the session via my secure invoicing platform.
There really are a lot of reasons that a mini session might be a good fit for you, as opposed to a full portrait session. Below are just a few of the possible scenarios.
- You’ve recently had family photos taken and just need a quick update.
- You're looking for a fun date activity to do with the person you love!
- Kids grow up super quick, and you want to capture this cute stage of life!
- You’ve got some high energy kids and are worried about investing in a full length session.
- You’ve never had a portrait session with me before and want to try it out!
- You and a couple of friends want some Insta-worthy shots of your friendship.
- You’ve been hoping to work with me but a full session is just outside the budget right now.
2023 Mini Session Dates
Sign ups for minis will be released two months before the session in a blog post. Returning clients will receive sign up access two weeks before it is released to the public.
September 12th - Barrington Hall in Roswell
October 19th - Fall Field Mini in Kennesaw
Nov 3 & 4 - Christmas Tree Farm Mini in Powder Springs
- Just wanting to update the family photo for your Christmas card? Come hang with me at the Christmas tree farm!
December 2 - Woodstock Christmas Studio
- One of my favorite easy holiday options. Held inside a studio so there's no need to fear rain or chilly weather.